May 18th 12th 2018 | Privacy and Data Processing
The principle of data minimisation, where only personal data that is adequate, relevant and necessary is collected, retained and disclosed has been adopted by the TLD managers using CoCCA shared infrastructure: .af, .cx, .gs, .gy, .ht, .hn, .ki, .kn, .sb, .tl, .kn, .ms, .nf.
Changes effective May 18, 2018 (for the ccTLDs listed above):
- only registrant contact details are required, administrative, technical and billing contacts are optional.
- existing administrative, technical and billing contacts may be deleted by registrars at their sole discretion and convenience.
- registrars are be able to associate two e-mail addresses directly with a domain (for abuse reports and technical queries), these emails will be publicly disclosed. These emails are not mandatory.
- If a data subject is an EU resident or a non-EU resident who uses an EU registrar (or one of their resellers) personal data will be redacted from publicly available interfaces. For the avoidance of confusion, personal data will be redacted based both on the declared address of the contact and the location of the registrar.
- If a data subject resides outside the EU and uses the services of a registrar outside the EU the personal data disclosure via WHOIS is not impacted by compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- For all EU data subjects if the contact data contains an Organisation name, the contact is considered to be an Entity, thus physical address is not redacted ( phone and email are still redacted). To redact the physical address the Organisation name should be deleted by Registrar.
Web based Whois
- CoCCA has implemented a form for any member of the public to email a contact with a redacted email address, there is no need to "anonymize emails" or create proxy contacts.
Accessing Personal Data
- Bulk, automated access to personal data of EU data subjects to any third party via command line (port 43), web-based whois (port 80 or 443) or RDAP (port 443) is not supported.
- Zone files are an important tool for combating abuse and rights protections. Zone files containing only domain and delegation data (no personal data) are available free of charge to law enforcement, the IP community and those seeking to mitigate abuse from the Secure Domain Foundation (https://securedomain.org/).
- On request, law enforcement will be granted continuous, autonomous access to personal data. Personal data is provied on a per-request basis and is not provided in bulk.
- Data Subjects, Rights Holders and any member of the public may request a historical abstract and if they can satisfy CoCCA that they have a legitimate interest as defined by GDPR and they are willing to sign an attestation to that effect. They will be provided with a historical abstract in pdf format that includes personal information redacted from public facing interfaces.
If you have any questions regarding CoCCA Tools and GDPR, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council of Country Code Administrators (CoCCA) is an internet infrastructure support company first estblished in 2004. The registry software we maintain is used by the managers of 59 Top Level Domain registries.
In addition to the CoCCA software, CoCCA provides TLD managers with hosting, data escrow, failover, disaster recovery and complaint resolution services.
The software can be be used royalty free, optional priority commercail support is available. Please contact us to discuss support.
A dozen ccTLDs have adopted the CoCCA AUP - based policy framework. This framework addresses not only rights to a particular text string ( domain ) but the registrant's use of that string. Policies apply recursively, and are applicable not only to the domains in the registry but apply equally to any subordinate domain created by the registrant.
The registrants licence to use a domain requires that they comply with the applicable AUP, a failure to comply with the AUP or to remedy a breach of the AUP may result in a suspension of a domain and it's removal from the zone.
The CoCCA Complaint Resolution Service ( CRS ) supports registry - level suspensions and consists of three parts ( 1. initial review, 2. referal to Ombudsman for amicable complaint resolution, 3. binding arbitration. ). Overview | AUP Form
Lodging a complaint and amicable complaint resolution are free services. Binding arbitration is carried out by external experts and is a fee-based service ( normally applicable to resolution of complex intellectual property issues ).To lodge a complaint email | email@example.com
Registry Liaison, Finance
PGP Key | Marina Chibisova
SRS Project Manager
PGP Key | Garth Miller
CTO, Registry Operations
PGP Key | Mustafa Rifaee
CoCCA Registry Services (NZ) Limited
4a / 36 College Hill Road
Freemans Bay, Auckland 1011
Tel: +64 (0)9 446 6370
CoCCA Registry (FR)
6 rue de la Michodière
Paris 75002 France
CoCCA Registry XO Pty. Ltd.
Unit 552 83-93 Dalmeny Avenue
Rosebery, NSW 2018 Australia
Gulf States Contact
Kuwaitnet General Trading and contracting Co.
Ahmad Aljaber st, Dar AlAwadi Tower, 25th floor,
Sharq city Kuwait
Tel: +9651807060 Fax: +96522257060
The maintenance of the CoCCA software and shared infrastructure in Paris is user-funded, CoCCA wishes to thank the following 30 administrators for their generous financial support.
- Afghanistan | .af | Ministry of Communications and IT
- American Samoa | .as | AS Domain Registry
- Anguila | .ai | Government of Anguilla
- Botswana | .bw | Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA)
- Christmas Island | .cx | Christmas Island Domain Administration
- Congo | .cg | Central African Backbone (CAB)
- Côte d’Ivoire | .ci | Autorité de Régulation des Télécommunications/TIC de Côte d’lvoire (ARTCI)
- Ecuador | .ec | NIC.EC (NICEC) S.A.
- Egypt | xn--wgbh1c مصر | National Telecoms Regulatory Authority
- Egypt | .eg | Egyptian Universities Network (EUN) Supreme Council of Universities
- Greenland | .gl | TELE Greenland A/S
- Guernsey | .gg | Island Networks Ltd
- Guyana | .gy | University of Guyana
- Haiti | .ht | Consortium FDS/RDDH
- Honduras | .hn | Red de Desarrollo Sostenible Honduras
- Iraq | .iq | Communications Media Commission Iraq | xn--mgbtx2b عراق | Communications Media Commission
- Jersey | .je | Island Networks Ltd.
- Kiribati | .ki | Telecommunications Authority of Kiribati
- Kuwait | .kw | Kuwaitnet General Trading & Contracting Co
- Montserrat | .ms | MNI Networks Ltd.
- Morocco | .ma | Agence Nationale de Réglementation des Télécommunications (ANRT)
- Mozambique | .mz | Centro de Informatica de Universidade Eduardo Mondlane
- Namibia | .na | Namibia - Namibian Network Information Center
- Nigeria | .ng | Nigeria Internet Registration Association
- Norfolk Island | .nf | Norfolk Island data services
- Peru | .pe | Red Cientifica Peruana
- Solomon Islands | .sb | Solomon Telekom Company Limited
- South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands | .gs | Government of South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands (GSGSSI)
- Timor Leste | .tl | Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Zambia | .zm | Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA)
- .xn--p1acf | .pyc | Rusnames Limited | Russian speaking Community
- .shia | Asia Green IT System | The .SHIA gTLD is intended for Shia Muslim faithful who wish to promote, participate or learn about Islam and its various facets.
- .tci | Asia Green IT System | TCI is well-known among the company's customers, especially those outside their established service area. With an eye towards growing business abroad, TCI has entrusted AGITSys with the development of the TCI gTLD
- .nowruz | Asia Green IT System | People using and familiar with the Persian language know 'nowruz' to mean 'the new day', or 'the new year'
- .pars | Asia Green IT System | The benefits of the .PARS domain will be manifold, not just to registrants but also to tens of millions of Persian internet users, as well as many others with an interest in or curiosity regarding Persia.
- xn--mgbt3dhd همراه, | Asia Green IT System | "comrade", /hamra/
- .edu.eu | European EDU Domain Registry Limited | European identity for educational organisations
Last Updated | Noveber 12, 2017
CoCCA does not have a formal relationship with the TLDs below but they are understood to be using the CoCCA registry software.
- Benin | .bj | Benin -Benin Telecoms S.A.
- Burundi | .bi | Centre National de l'Informatique
- Cameroon | .cm | Cameroon Telecommunications (CAMTEL)
- Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The) | .cd | Office Congolais des Postes et Télécommunications - OCPT
- Dominican republic | .do | Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra
- Ghana | .gh | Centro de Informatica de Universidade Eduardo Mondlane
- Kenya | .ke | Kenya Network Information Center (KeNIC)
- Libya | .ly | General Post and Telecommunication Company
- Madagascar | .mg | NIC-MG (Network Information Center Madagascar)
- Mauritania | .mr | Université des Sciences, de Technologie et de Médecine
- Mauritania | xn--mgbah1a3hjkrd موريتانيا | Université des Sciences, de Technologie et de Médecine
- Mauritius | .mu | Internet Direct Ltd
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied | .ps | Ministry Of Telecommunications & Information Technology, Government Computer Center
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied | xn--ygbi2ammx فلسطين | Ministry Of Telecommunications & Information Technology, Government Computer Center
- Philipines | .ph | DotPH
- Rwanda | .rw | Rwanda Information Communication and Technology Association (RICTA)
- Sudan* | .sd | Sudan Internet Society
- Syria | .sy | National Agency for Network Services (NANS)
- Syria | xn--ogbpf8fl سورية | National Agency for Network Services (NANS)
- Turks and Caicos Islands | .tc | Melrex TC
- Virgin Islands | .vi | Virgin Islands Public Telecommunications System, Inc.
Last Updated | November 12, 2017